"Stuck" at church

Last weekend I had the opportunity to be at Journey attending all three services. Some may have considered me "stuck" there as I was overseeing registration for the upcoming Leadership Summit. I found it to be an opportunity to learn people's stories. Ed had mentioned this as a point in that week's message - Lead Where You Are, part 2.
I had the chance to learn stories from David - a fellow leader who recently had a major (and shocking) change in his employment; Angelica - a guest services volunteer who is training for the upcoming Rock 'n Roll marathon; and Gail - a volunteer who keeps our cafe running so smooth, also had a major employment change.
I was also blessed with the opportunity to interact with many guests, answering questions and directing them to where they needed to go.
In the coming weeks, there will be a few more opportunities to be "stuck" at church overseeing registrations - I look forward to learning more stories.

0 comments: