Pruning

This weekend Ed talked about how God prune's our lives to encourage/increase growth and to eliminate the not so good stuff in our lives. I don't know about you, but when I am being pruned I never see it until I am thru that season in my life. Only then, can I look back and see what God was doing. I find it much easier to recognize it in other peoples lives than in my own.
I have a new coworker who is in something like a pruning season. In the 4 weeks she's been here, she's been involved in a car accident, been late to work 3 times and gotten 2 parking tickets. She believes this isn't the place for her because she has had such a string of bad luck. I have been trying to tell her that when stuff like this happens, it's a lesson not a punishment. After hearing Ed's message, I can better explain this season in her life. I hope she decides to stick it out, because I know she can make such a positive difference here.

1 comments:

  1. Great insight. Your newbie is lucky to have you for a colleague. On another note... you have another blog? Cool.