LIT's "Secret Admirer"

On Sunday I was reminded that LIT touches lives and how many times we don't realize that we do. I had walked over to the church office to leave something in Brian's office. However, it was locked. A few doors down, a friendly voiced called out asking if I needed help. I walked down to an office that was painted in team colors - I want to say the Bears, but I am not totally sure. I explained that I was trying to leave something for Brian that a family dropped off to help with the Uganda mission trip. This person said he would take it and make sure Brian got it. I was a few feet down the hall when the voice called out again - "You're Alex, right"? I backed up and stuck my head back in and said yes; he went on to say how great he thought LIT was. I agreed that I do work with a wonderful group of people, thanked him and went on my way.
Later, I made a point to ask Rod who it was that I had encountered and to pass along the positive feedback about the team.
Sunday night as I was working on some Summit stuff, I got to thinking about my earlier interaction and how LIT touches lives and we may never know that we did. I like to tell my receptionists where I work that they are "always on stage". Meaning that they are being watched by the patients sitting in our lobby and should always maintain a positive and professional demeanor. That also applies to myself, and how I represent LIT, as well as all of LIT. Whether we are serving or not, we represent the team at all times and should conduct ourselves as such no matter what.
Turns out, I was interacting with Todd Tolson who about 8 years ago oversaw our middle school ministry. He had been working in different states and different churches, but has now moved back to San Diego. His current duties cover college and other pastoral care directly connected to Mike Burns.
Thank you Todd for the positive feedback about the great bunch of people I have the privilege of serving with, but more so - thank you for the reminder that I am always serving an audience - even if it's only an audience of One!

0 comments: