You never know when you touch someone's life

I work for a large heath care organization. I can come in contact with around 100 patients per week. If you have ever seen The Doctor with William Hurt , you can understand that I try to treat each patient as an individual and connect in some way. On Thursday a coworker came into my office and said she had a patient asking for me. This gentleman had not been in to see us in over a year. At our last encounter we talked about his music, collage football and about how ill his wife was. He specifically asked for me to let me know that his wife had passed away. He said he wanted me to know because I had taken such an interest in them the last time he was in the office. It made me realize you never know how you are going to impact people, and how precious each encounter is. I have a daily opportunity to leave a lasting impression (positive or negative) with each and every interaction I have with people.

2 comments:

  1. I can understand why that man wanted to see you. People are drawn to you... you have a way of making people feel like they are special by just taking an interest in them and listening to them. I often feel like you are my big sister and I look to you for advice, a willing ear, and/or a warm heart (and yes, I know you are younger than me). You're the BOMB!

  2. Right back at you sis; you touch my life in an incredible way too!