National Strategy Event

I was recently in Orlando for the NSE - this is a training session for the upcoming Leadership Summit.
I traveled with four other team leaders and had a wonderful time getting to know them better. We spent time brainstorming, training and just unwinding. It was quite an adventure but that's another post!
The training was great. I was in a group with other OEM's (on-site event managers) who are in their 1st or 2nd year in this role. I made a few connections with other managers that I am looking forward to keeping in touch with up until and even after the event.
We were privileged to see brief promos of all the guest speakers. There is going to be an awesome line-up this year. (to see a complete list click here) I am most looking forward to Ephrem Smith. He was so full of energy and excitement. He is really going to engage the audience. He uses stories and humor to help make his points and relate to people.
One of the ideas that we brainstormed, was how to increase the attendance from Journey-ites. One thought was to engage the various ministries in a contest to see who could sign up the most people. No rules were discussed, so I am starting my campaign right now! I challenge all members (not just the team leaders) that are part of the LIT - Daily Journey, Decorators, Friday Nights, Greeters, Guest Services and Ushers to make plans and sign up for the 2008 Leadership Summit hosted at Journey. The investment is well with it. You'll be rewarded with all kinds of tools, insight and connections with other attendees that you just can't put a price on! I expect to see all of you there August 7th and 8th!

0 comments: