Expanding my social newtwork?

As everyone is aware of, I'm sure, that Rod is no techno-phobe. At one point in time, I believe he possessed 3 cell phones, a PDA and a laptop. He has been after me, as well as others at Journey, to join a variety of organizational networks such as Twitter, Facebook, Skype and Flickr. I am no techno-guru, so these all sounded like a foreign language to me. I wondered, with email, why did I need all this other stuff?
I was excited to see a watered down definition of these networks in a recent article in Fortune magazine (the March 31st issue) The article is called Web 2.0 Gets Over Its Goofing-Off Phase, by David Kirkpatrick. It talked about companies that offer services that create a constant stream of inter linked data. This data can be about your organization, business contacts, or about yourself. The article mentions a bit about Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter and Dopplr. David Kirkpatrick has a column for additional info on Web 2.0 tips.
I am still not as tech-savvy as others around me, but I have joined Facebook (I have one friend - Rod - so far) and I joined Flickr to share my photos with my family. I will have to wait and see about Twitter - I just can't image my friends and family need to know that I washed dishes 6 hours ago, or just finished a book 1 hour ago.

2 comments:

  1. Hey - What are you doing right now?

  2. Reading blogs and blog comments