New Year's Resolutions

Every year, as many of us do, I make resolutions of things I want to change or accomplish in the coming year. I am sure many can relate, after a few weeks, many of these well-intentioned ideas, are forgotten. Maybe this year will be different! I am sharing my resolutions here on my blog, in hopes that I can better stay on track. These are in no particular order....
1. Loose 20 pounds
2. Get on a walking program - this should help with resolution #1. I read somehwere that if your dog is overweight, you're not getting enough exercise. Well, I have 4 overweight dogs - I wonder what that says about me!???
3. Find a daily devotional for 2008. I have gone thru the One Year Bible a few times, and for the past 2 years have used a book called Sacred Spaces. I am looking for something new - any suggestions???
4. To find a healthier way to deal with the stress in my life. Stress isn't healthy for any of us, in my case it makes my disease flare up - usually at the worst possible time(s). The walking should help, but maybe a yoga class???
5. To budget, as a surprise to Ken, a cruise to Alaska in the Spring of 2009.
6. To continue to improve leadership and grow the LIT team. My 2008 reading list should help with this.
7. To make my mark as I serve as the OEM for the 2008 Leadership Summit.

5 comments:

  1. Alex,
    A couple of comments:
    Kenny is going to see your posting about the surprise cruise; I know two girls who would love to walk your pugs and Sam. In fact, I would walk Meghan anytime! A lot of gyms offer a yoga class and the Grossmont adult education program does too - My friend takes a class in Santee and loves it; and lastly, consider making and posting an Amazon "wish list" on your profile. This is a good way to keep track of books you want to read and also allows others to shop for you or share a book with you that is on your list.

  2. Evonn-
    As if you have time to bring your girls to my house to walk the dogs! Although I would love the help! Have you ever tried to walk 4 dogs at once? They all want to go in different directions. I will look into the Grossmont adult ed classes - I don't want the gym membership fees if I can avoid it. Thanks for the idea about the Amazon list - I need to update the blog any way!
    Oh...Ken never reads my blog...

  3. Alex,

    What will be left of you if you lose those 20 lbs...or is that to get ready for the cruise (or in anticipation of afterwards)?

    As for devotionals, I like these as a matter of having tried and enjoyed:
    = The Upper Room
    = Prayers for ministers and other leaders
    = Oswald Chambers' My Utmost for His Highest
    = any of the desert mothers and fathers - Streams in the Wilderness

    If you would like to borrow some to preview, let us know.

  4. Any chance I could borrow one?? I'm interested in "Prayers for ministers and other leaders."

  5. Thanks for loaning me the book David - I look forward to reading it.