Happy New Year

Today is the last day of 2007. I am getting some end of the year chores done and planning some things for 2008. I got all of my Christmas present thank you's out in the mail today. I thank my grandmother for instilling the importance of thank you notes. I got the oil changed in my car, as much as I want a new car, it's not in the budget, so I need to take very good care of this one! I also went to Barnes and Noble
to spend a gift certificate I received from my Mother-in-law as a Christmas present. I purchased a few books from my reading list to get me started off, as well as a new journal and a new devotional.
I want to thank David and Kim for their kind words and assistance/suggestions for a new devotional. David had given me a few samples to look over. I was all set to purchase my own copy of "Streams in the Desert" when just one shelf a way a brown leather book caught my eye. It was "My utmost for His Highest". I flipped thru it and liked the way the entries were setup and a few titles caught my eye. Understand, David had suggested a book by Oswald Chambers, and I was dead set against it - I had tried to read his book "The Call" and I was COMPLETELY lost. Funny - I am really looking forward to my first entry tomorrow.
I will be celebrating New Year's Eve, New York style - in bed by 9:30! Tomorrow is a big day - Rose Parade, Rose Bowl, Sugar Bowl (need to be able to converse sports with Rod) and the second annual outdoor hockey game.
Happy New Year to everyone! Be safe and I pray you will have a very blessed 2008.

1 comments:

  1. Alex,
    It is so fun to wonder around Barnes and Noble... you never know what you'll find or what will catch your eye. Having Starbucks next door is a bonus!
    Happy New Year - Have fun tomorrow!
    love,
    Evonn
    P.S. You're handwriting thank you notes? I'm impressed! I'm going the ecard route and/or hugs.