Summit take aways

I enlisted the help of several LIT leaders who attended the Leadership Summit 2008 to send me their "take aways" - things that moved them and they were willing to share. This is from David Youngblood - Leader of the 10:45 Greeters.

Kingdom Matters Matter Enough To put your ALL IN in.Personal vision for the Kingdom is powerful and essential as a leader. In order to get the most out of what God is doing in us, we need to put everything we have into doing what God is doing. Good works, nice ministries, even socially necessary service is ‘good,’ but they are not always what God wants to see done in the world – right now! “What does the LORD require, but that we seek/do justice, love loving (Mercy), and walk humbly with our God.”Most of the summit called on leaders to take it not to a higher level, but the highest level. For team leadership within/under the larger Kingdom mission, I was most moved to find my pastoral gifts again, specifically in the arena of helping those with whom I serve by encourage them to be creative and contributors to the ministry we are leading.
Team Goal: invest in the lives of our greeters and challenge them to come up with more ways to make the ‘howdy’ welcoming and unique.
Personal Goal: connect with Daily Journey, the Worship Band, or the prayer team to add on what is missing in my heart’s desire to serve – I’ve used the excuse that, ‘while we were greeter leaders, there was no time.’ Now I sense that there will never be enough time to serve where my passion is, I must find the way and pray with the Lord to make it so, not neglecting the gifts or ministries to which I (we) have been called, but giving the very best of what I have.

1 comments:

  1. Alex,

    this was a great idea to have some of our fellow team members send in their personal impressions and takeaways from the Leadership summit.

    I am enjoying hearing how other leaders are learning