Significance Through Difference - Being Salt


This weekend, our Ministry and Discipleship pastor - Todd Tolson - gave the message on being significant through difference. He used packets of salt to make his point that making a difference in my world is what Jesus called "being salt".

What impacted me the most were Todd's comments about difference makers pour themselves into what matters most; salt does not exist for itself, what do you do if salt looses its flavor and live life a little scared.

If I existed just for myself, I would be wasting the life God created me to have. I enjoy pouring myself into my areas of passion - The Leadership Summit and The Lasting Impression Teams. Knowing the impact that a team member can make on a guest, or how the Summit can impact a life is a scary responsibility. That responsibility keeps me on my toes! However, pouring myself into something, even something that I am very passionate about can have consequences. Pouring myself into ministry without taking time to refresh and minister to my needs I could actually loose my "salt", my flavor. Todd asked "how can you refresh salt if it looses it's flavor?" I guess you can't actually re-salt, salt. However, I would say for me, when I start to feel burned out or unsalty, I find things that refresh me, or fill my bucket. Once refreshed, I can pour myself back into what matters most and make a difference - a Lasting Impression!

0 comments: