More Summit Feedback

This is from Rachelle Kimberling, who serves on the Daily Journey Ministry.

Fire Up The Salsa: revised for LIT

In a day, I devoured “Just Courage” by Gary Haugen of IJM and listened to his CD twice; in obedience to a riskier ministry God had fired up my heart almost 2 years ago. Thank you, Laurie for your obedience to SWAT retreats……God shook me there. I didn’t know exactly what, whom, or where this adventure would be…………….so I waited, prayed, researched, sought counsel, and waited. I didn’t want to be impulsive, and jump into something ridiculously risky, unsuccessful, and look like a fool. Yes, pride speaking.

According to Gary Haugen, significance is found in transforming peoples’ lives through love. Amen, he must have been reading my mind. Worship is deed, not merely singing about it. I enjoy using my God given gifts in community and I do my imperfect best in love: creating a decorative haven for meditation retreats, or vocal worship for women’s ministry, facilitating a small group, cooking a hopefully delicious potluck meal. It is all unto the Lord………..but it’s safely dull. God wants to transform me through a steeper climb or by firing up the salsa. I’m a Puerto Rican that prefers medium salsa, thank you very much. I’m petrified of heights (God made me height challenged), but I have no choice except to look up and get involved.

Prayer welcomed,

Rachelle Kimberling

0 comments: