Life in the Slow Lane

If I believed in putting bumper stickers on my car, they would probably say things like "I'm not tailgating, I'm drafting" or "I'm not speeding, I'm qualifying". For you non-Nascar types - it means I like to drive 80 in the fast lane.
That was until I spent over $65 filling up my 13 gallon tank
I was going to try an experiment. "Experts" say that driving 55 will net you at least 10 -20 more miles per tank. I started driving in the slow lane-at 60 miles per hr - there was no way I could drop from 80 to 55. My first week, I got an extra 15 miles out of the tank. The next week was closer to 20. Now it's a game to me. How far can I stretch that tank of gas?! I started doing other things - more right hand turns, and no putting the pedal down when the light changes to green. My goal is 350 miles per tank. I'm at 305 with a quarter of a tank to go!
See you in the slow lane and not at the pump!

1 comments:

  1. Alex,

    your Nascar comment aside. That is unbelievable that you are getting that kind of mileage.

    rod